Friday, February 7, 2014

In the beginning


Alas, the blog promised to all of you! Ahem, By "all of you" I mean the three of you whom find my life even the slightest bit entertaining. Where do I start? Do I introduce myself? Do I just ease my way into this? How about I make it easy on myself and do one of those fun Five on Friday link ups to break the ice



THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
want to join in the fun? follow the link!




one

If you haven't already heard, my husband and I recently made another human being. Now, bottles are not really a necessity right now but I want to keep the option open for when I may be away from my little one in the future. I also like to give my husband an opportunity to bond with Lilly one-on-one at night by giving her a bottle before bed. But after a disastrous week or so of Medela bottles and the colic they ensued, a very determined me went on a hunt for new bottles and eventually narrowed it down to two brands. The well known Tommee Tippy and new and unheard of Comotomo. Guess who won! Comotomo bottles are so fun and squishy and I could just go on and on so instead I'll go into detail on a seperate post.




Two

Potty training has been in full force for a few weeks now and we couldnt be more proud to hear the toilet flush followed by a squeal of joy as Laila runs down the hallway to share the news and high five me or her dad. Now if only we could convince her to wipe her butt..




Three

The Wubbanub. The cutest invention for the baby since, well, the baby. After Laila lost (threw out of the cart while no one was looking) Lilly's kitty wub, their Aunt Chelsea was kind enough to send a replacement -a little lamb. Lilly couldnt be happier.




Four

Wahlburgers. My new Wednesday night obsession. No, seriously.. Cant get enough of these guys. Probably because they remind me of my sisters and myself (obviously I shadow Mark because hes the baby and perfect), and how close-knit sibblings are. My parents were just in Boston visiting my sister and brother in-law last week while my dad was on business, and I nearly begged my mom to go by their burger shop, but to no avail. Guess now I have to convince my husband to take me on a trip there this summer.



Five

Well, we helped Ashley Furniture pay their mortgage this month. After three years of my husbands non stop complaining about the couches I picked out when we were first married, we finally agreed to splurge on a new set. He refused to walk out of the store with anything but real leather, and apparently what is a couch if the entire thing doesnt recline? Also, they wont be in until Valentines Day so I feel like that was perfect planning on his part to get out of buying me flowers and chocolate. Well anyways, not only are we broke now, we are still sitting on our old crappy couches. How does that even work?




Genesis 1:1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.



2 comments:

  1. I'm a marine wife too. Found you via the link-up and can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an Army wife as well and have three little ones. Welcome to the blog world! It is a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete