Monday, May 19, 2014

Just a Swingin'

It's been some time since I've had a chance to do a little crafting. My Pinterest boards are full of projects that will never be. Actually, I try to avoid Pinterest most of the time because I'm always suddenly reminded I never finish anything. But on a recent whim I decided this weekend was the weekend. I was finally gunna drag out my sewing machine and get crafty doing something other than patching a crotch hole in my husbands favorite pair of shorts.

Two tutorials were the center of my creations so I cant take credit for the designs themselves (though I did just use them as guidelines and I veered on both designs) Also, instead of walking you through step by step for each tutorial, I'll just link them and let the original ladies explain the details.



First stop was Hobby Lobby on Friday afternoon, with my coupon app in hand. I picked up two duck canvas patterns, 1 yard a piece. Next was a trip to a Army surplus store because my husband insisted on me using 550 cord. With two very unusually whiny babies this weekend, I actually didn't make my first cut until probably 7pm Saturday night. But with two sleeping babes I was able to work uninterrupted and by midnight I had two completed swings. Sunday we made a trip to Home Depot for the wooden dowels and some hardware for the swing set and back home again to assemble and hang them!

two yards of fabric $15
100 feet of 550 cord $7
three 3ft long 1" wooden dowels $10
hardware $5
 total cost $37
roughly each swing cost $18.50
Not bad considering Fisher Price sells a very generic baby swing for like $35.

Andddd here are the fabulous finished products!



I included a matching pillow for Lilly's swing, thought it blends slightly in this picture

I actually opted not to make the cushions from the tutorial because i figured they would 1) end up on the  ground anyways 2)prevent the swing from holding her in place

Just a Swingin'




Until next time xo

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I love! Can I place an order ;) so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !! you may actually see them on etsy here in the near future ;)

      Delete
  2. I love reading your blog! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would buy one can you make it in mossy oak or.real tree please ;)

    ReplyDelete